Brunswick Square was developed on land belonging to the Rev. Thomas Scutt between 1824 and 1830, by Amon Wilds and Charles Busby.
The centre piece of the Square and Terraces was flanked by subsidiary streets of lesser houses and mews for service trades, together with a Market Building (now The Old Market Arts Centre) and School.
The Estate Church, St. Andrew's in Waterloo Street by Charles Barry, the first Italianate Church in England was completed in 1828.
Architect: Wilds and Busby
This image is copyright. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. | Please contact Brighton"s Architecture